BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 4 August 2013

Knob shnob

After 30 years it was time for a upgrade. Off to home depot for a browse.The shinny and antiqued handles ranged in prices from reasonable to the ridiculous. A necessity of life - you need a knob to enter and exit the premises. Then the light bulb went on I then thought I should check the website, EUREKA . Did you know that the same knobs were 1/2 price online and free shipping right to my door? And the selection on line was greater than in the store. I dialed the number and ordered away in 3 business days UPS delivered my handles.

I vamoosed for a day and upon my return there were new fixtures on each door. A heap of old door knobs in a plastic bag ready for recycle. Now one would not think it is a big event. But in our house if something is replaced after a long life it is reason for celebration. Hubby did not realize how pitted and worn the original handles wear. Marred from the acid on one's hands, left as evidence should there need be any forensic evaluations.


0 comments: