BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 2 August 2013

Did I mention............

I will never look at a quilt the same again
I was very interested in the detail that Ricky Tims put into his quilts He had 3 on display and tons on his presentation, I was very very impressed with this landscape themes and he has one called the castle that he had illustrated with step by step instruction. As I am hoping to work on a " Village" this winter that will be perfect for me. The technique that he used seemed so simple why had no one thought of that before! It will be of great value to me..

His presentation was superb, of course he is a seasoned veteran of the music world and performance and it shows. The lessons were well prepared both in text as well as video compliments. No one asked any questions, I was surprised but then I thought that is because he is explaining his techniques so well that he doesn't leave anyone suspended in air

I am not sure that I will be making any tied dyed quilts as are his speciality but I certainly will value the information given. I was most surprised to learn that he is still doing all his topstitch on a regular sized bernina. Obviously he is not one to have arthritic joints. YET


0 comments: