BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 16 February 2013

You know it is time to quit when...............

I aligned my applique for the first of 12 sections that will make up my wall hanging.

Carefully placed I started to peel off the backing of the applique so I could glue to the underfabric, NOT, The backing and the glue came off. Carefully I tried again - no luck,so now I decided to press both sides of the applique, let it cook and then score the paper backing, apply to the fabric and iron, IT WORKED. The manufacturer was skimpy on the fusible web.

Moving right along I used an invisible thread on top and a cotton below, I outlined all of the appliques, Ok I am on a roll WHEN I notice grease on the fabric that was not there before, OK I can deal with that little spot, Minutes later 1 became three! SO I stop wipe down my whole machine and it;s workings, GREASE BLACK GREASE on the needle arm. Now off I can continue,

Finished I wash the fabric with hot water and soap, NO it is not going to work. Now I am pissed- but creative! My applique flowers now have a Red Robin and a little butterfly.While on a roll I send an email to the Manufacturer of the fusible web that I was using and explained what was happening and they wanted a piece of product. I told them what the product was my problem and I was not going to pay for postage on top of the loss of fabric I had to deal with . They agreed with me what the problem was- heck I could see it- they did not have to approve, Well low and behold they offered me freebies....

Now who can turn up a freebie - Not only that I am getting 4 X what I had to throw out and a better quality product. YIPPEE





..

0 comments: