BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 2 February 2013

It may be many moons till




You hear from me again. I have really done it this time. I was looking for something to keep the old mind active, a bit of a puzzle without the puzzle. I hummed and hawed. I could read a book and fall asleep on chapter 1, study crossword puzzles for words I do not know. Try mind twisters to all of our embarrassment or find an appealing quilting pattern.HMMM you know the answer don't you?

So I decided on paper piecing, obviously I had no recollection of the last time I did it. I just had to pick a pattern with itsy bitsy teeny weany scraps of fabric. An 8" block with over 48 seams in it, YES I SAID 48. Not only that the pattern is the mirror image so you have to remember what your background color is and what is your main theme color. Otherwise reverse them and you are out of the game.It is not an easy feat, after 2 hours I only accomplished one 4 x4 block but I did get into the swing of things, lets see if I remember tomorrow.

Similar to looking for a needle in the haystack... if you don't find it - it will stick you in the end! SO stay tuned and hopefully sometime next week I might get one block totally done with pics to follow. Then again I might be bald, frustrated and tranquilized!!




0 comments: