BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Out with the old in with the newer



Yes we have two posts
The old post at the back used to be the base of my swing mail box.Sadly it rotted, in it's day it was great when that old snow plough shot snow full force and no damage would occur as the mailbox gave way and swung on it's pivot.The planter was added so it did not look so sad- it needed a little something!

Now the next question you are going to ask is????
Why two posts?
AHHA
You of so little faith.................
The numbers are on the posts - they are civic addresses devised by the 911 system for uniformity.When we go south in the winter we pull up the first post with the mailbox on it
The secondary post is stationary and stays therefore being compliant to municipal law and our property remains numbered.

The first mailbox I had handpainted by a lady at work for my daughter.I brought it home when she moved.I put the new numbers on to hide her hand painted number.Then I put it on a post and inserted it into a cement foot_ a deck claw!Put my plants around it and no one knows it is removable in one swoop!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: