BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 4 January 2010

Entertainment at Orlando Airport


Last night we had the pleasure of staying at the Orlando Airport for an extra 4.5 hours. Supposedly we were to pick up and meet Ben's oldest at 8:45 pm. His family did not arrive at 8:45, 9:45, 10:45 nor 11:45. But at the stroke of midnight they appeared bleary eyed. SO what pray tell did we do for excitement... Well the good news is that when everyone has shut down McD's keeps on ticking. I window shopped, snooped at magazine covers determined not to spend a cent. I did however sacrifice my waistline to a McD soft cone. I watched as the midnight workers, prised and shampooed rugs, defrocked Xmas decorations and disassembled the almighty Xmas tree. I perused the board of arrivals and departures for commonality among airlines and airport of origins. I classified people who came in and out of the airport lounge into categories. Those who had new never before worn footwear, as opposed those that used duct tape to keep their tootsie wear bound together.Then as i peeked around I noticed people that were sound asleep on benches waiting for their flight, then I tried to guess if they were spending the night or just waiting for their relatives to arrive on incoming flights. Soon enough the hours passed, the storyteller was entertained and on her second wind to accept her visitors at such an ungodly hour

0 comments: