BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 30 January 2015

Follow along with me. I will add a segment to the bottom of the post as I progress



I am working on a quilt. As you will see I cut out a template from paper.
Then transferred that onto fusible web, pressed it onto a square of fabric and cut out ( yep by hand ) all those groves. Lastly I pressed the cutouts onto long strips of fabric, The fusible web will keep them in place until I stitch them all down.

Using invisible thread I twist and turn until the cutouts are fully anchored. As there are 18 appliques it is going to take me awhile, Until then stay tuned!


And here they are!




Now onto Triangles that become diamonds. Hopefully tomorrow I can get around to joining them all up. They will trim around the 3 columns I made with the appliques. I think we are going for the bohemian look!



Diamond borders are done and onto the rest of the borders tomorrow and possibly Saturday, We are getting close! Once the application of these are finished I will package up the quilt for long arming when I get home



One set of borders down 3 more to go


Last border will go on tomorrow. If you look closely you can see a rusty/brown with gold flecks border, I had purchased this outside of the kit. I found that one border did not have quite enough fabric, not sure why. Off to the fabric store and I found a complimentary border that I like very much , In fact I might like it a little more than the provided fabric. The good news is that I have extra so I can make my bias tape border out of it..


As I draw near to the end of this quilt I have some decisions to make. Does this quilt cry for prairie points or scalloped borders> Hmm time will tell! Let's see what tomorrow brings!

DADAH

0 comments: