BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 10 July 2011

I know you missed me but................

Free Clipart Images

First I had the on again off again contractor all week who came to plaster, tape and respray ceilings and mend crack in the walls over doorways. Yesterday was his last day of feathering the plaster.

This a.m. I got up at 5:30 waited to 6 am waited until the lite was appropriate and watch out! After a light sanding of dry plaster. I dipped and swooned, swooshed and splattered paint , most of it towards the walls.I found that drop sheets only collect puddle of paint for me to step in and then tromp through the house. So I laid plastic under the sheets,had what Ben calls me old granny dress on for the occasssion. Bright red and splattered with paint it covers me from head to toe, well almost those curls are not protected! I had a two step step stool(thanks kiddies) left behind from the daughter's move. Perched on it I can just reach the ceiling enough to dabble a little paint on the ceiling line between the wall and ceiling and yes I dabbled a bit of paint onto the stippled ceiling as well, just think of it as my piece signing! after about 4 hours I have successfully painted hallways, living area and front entrance. Priss and shine it looks devine! Painting back on the wall where they once hung, coverplates resting back on their correct placement. Ahh a job well done!

Stay tuned for day two. That is if I can move by then!! I have one more large project to do tomorrow, I have to paint my kitchen ceiling . It has a huge plastered area where the gyprock tape was replaced, retaped and replastered, It looks dry enough to sand and this evening hopefully I will have the energy to raise my arm over head to give it a royal swipe! Then once again at the crack of dawn I will arise to do my duty and hopefully be successful before DH gets out of bed!

1 comments:

Jane said...

http://www.acclaimclipart.com/free_clipart_images/house_painter_at_work_0521-1003-2615-0001.html

I would like to acknowledge the use of this free clipart