BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 17 December 2017

You may be waiting a while to see this creation

I am wanting to make a drunkards path quilt actually two twin sized. I have 350+ blocks all stitched Here is my heap of 50. I have also grouped them on the ironing board to press them nicely .


Now here is the big reveal of my work so far.

Now just to let you know it took my 4 evening to cut these out, another 4 mornings with loads of interruptions to get them together. Now you wonder what is next?? I have these all pressed but I need to make sure they are all square. SO back to the cutting board.


And you think I would be close to having these done- oh no!! After they are all the same sized seams rechecked for duds I will sort them into like groups. After which I have to decided whether I will make a block up of four but will they all be the same color, color arranged on the diagonal or helter skelter. That all depends on how many of each I have. In my efforts I believe that the numbers are equivalent in the same color tones. I hope!

Then to stitch them up. This is the one most time consuming quilt and I wonder if I didn't think it might have been possible to create it in larger pieces each segment is 4" square. But why make it  easy on myself.  Actually there is an explanation- the black was a gift and was cut on the bias the pieces I had need to fit into the equation thus the smaller blocks. Yep I make life interesting.

0 comments: