BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 17 December 2017

Only a little test of time


So on a walk and  popping into a thrift shop I found this old hand driven singer - it can be converted to a treddle machine should someone find a workable lower unit. The total cost out of pocket $14. Picture one is pre cleaning and oiling and picture two is all set to start sewing

I looked up the registration number it is a 1908 as close as I can figure and made in Scotland. the thistle pattern gave it away!.
After a little oil it works and great I might add, even better no electricity used. It is only missing a little plate over the bobbin and I was able to order one. The pattern on the bed is a little worn but is much better than my foggy picture. I waxed and oiled the machine it will never be new as the clear coat has worn off the bed but it is a keepsake none the less. Even better it fits snuggly into my free to me table.

I am very pleased with my find and there are so many of these machines around. but this is a great find and the thrift shop is to support women in need so it is a win win situation.

I also have an electric model much the same that is in the original Wooden Brentwood box that my mother had and still works like a charm . I am very fortunate to have these machines and they are all in working condition. I think I found a new hobby

0 comments: