BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Out for a walk with the old fellow



We were on a walk through our park and at the Marina area I spied with my little eye....
These enormous tress, the trunk on was would take three of me with arms extended to meet myself! The root system is interesting, at times it can be very dry and my summation is that the lack of water has attracted the roots to grow above the surface and then as time whittles on they become almost statuesque in nature.

Near the end of the Marina sits a lonely crane, I tried to get him to smile but no luck.
The marina feeds into Lake Harris through a narrow channel that dips under an overpass on the highway. The Lake itself is very large

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Harris_%28Florida%29

Just in case you might want to study Lake Harris and it's tributaries- check out the link above




0 comments: