BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 27 January 2012

Smooth as a baby's butt!

No one warned me it would be this easy!
I finished my quilt in time for the supplies for my adventure arrived.
I got out my corningware and boiled up some water, then in an old corningware cup and a plastic spoon I added the following


> 1 part coconut oil
> 1 part beeswax
> 1 part mango butter

From this I made a lip balm put it into a little "watchmaker tin" and it came out perfectly. The cup works well for both pouring and cleanup

SO now onto the body bar.. Well that needs a little more practice
I used
1/2 part coconut oil
2 part beeswax
1 part mango butter and threw in some honey

It was my first adventure and it turned out well, the only thing is that I think I should have really whipped up the honey in the solution. I poured it into a mold and for a first attempt not bad but the honey seems to cling to the imprint in the top of the mold. So back to the drawing board.....

0 comments: