BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 20 November 2010

And the garden grows

 
 


We made a trip to Market of Marion about 20 miles north of us.It is a wonderful clean, bright and cheery market with stall of fruit, furnishing, textile and plants. I have for the second time made some gardening purchases.
One is a silver dollar Eucalyptus tree that I fell in love with a little more than a year ago, when my neighbor had one -it shortly met it's demise. I asked and I received a beautiful replacement specimen that we negotiated where to plant to benefit both families. It will adorn the west side of my RV a delight for all to see. As it matures and the delicate branches stray we will cut and prune and try (successfully) to graft new shoots for future reforestation.

The second plant I bought is a very delicate specimen. The Master Gardner tells me it is from the bleeding heart family, I am going to have to do a little research on that one. My bleeding hearts are so different at home, that I am unfamiliar with this specimen.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: