BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Trip from hell or to hell??

We were just breezing along through the border and 30 miles into Ontario when it happened, The truck transmission fluid hose let loose- 22 L of oil all over the truck , I wondered why the engine sounded rough and the RPM were high, Then we stopped- dead in the water.. Luckily we were in farm country, Ben went to a few doors and found a friendly farmer- he made a few calls and then took us 2 miles down a back road to a little country store, We tanked up on oil and back to the truck. We found Ben under the truck examining the little hose with the little hole. We applied a plastic bag around the joint and then duct tape, We were off to the races, the truck started we said our farewells and headed for home, We got about thirty miles and then it happened again- empty and over heating, This time I went for more oil - being a long weekend the tow trucks would be slow, the service would not happen for a few days and we would be holed up in the backwoods of Carleton Place, Ben now had some string he did not have a clamp but he made a corded one that worked well enough to get us home, WOW we made it! Then into the house- the place smelled musty we opened it up to find that the house sitting service had over watered my plants and soaked through the carpet. We poured the water out of the plants took up the tarp and went to the garage for the box fan. It was then that I noticed a plow had driven into the side wall of the garage and narrowly missed Ben's little sports car. :Wonder why the housesitter or the plow operator did not say a thing they were probably scared of me. Well we will see! I then noted my lawn had been dug up with the plow and chunks of soil and sod are missing, Ben will have to rebuild the wall of the garage while I rebuild the lawn of course another day!!. SO I went to use the phone to reinstall my car insurance and it is on holidays- my cell has little reception and my internet is sickenly slow.

I decided I should not get into any more mischief I have had enough for one day
Tomorrow is a new day we will see how that turns out!
Glad we are home, the traffic was good and even with all my mischief I was only an hour later than expected

0 comments: