BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 31 October 2015

Strip Tease

I had a load of fabric odds and ends,they were in 45" widths, so I cut them to make nine different strips 2.5" X 45". I sewed them together. Now I had a long piece about 18 X 45" with nine various colors I laid it down on it's width once more cutting my sewn strips every 2.5" Now I had the little squares all together and approx all equal in size. I played with the placement and I am now adding 3/4" strips between. In the end I will have 16 pieces that are I think going to be about 13" x 19". I am getting there a few more hours of sewing and then pressing and then to figure out which orientation I will place them in. Here is the work in progress






As you can see I got the 16 sections together, this is a modern quilt and luckily they are supposed to be a bit on the whacky and not level to the eye Good thing!! I used every scrap I had and yes there are a few places where it dips but in the end the whole quilt top is squared. Now I just need to cut some finished borders- but it is too darn hot. Maybe tomorrrow

0 comments: